The Next Generation of your library's digital collection is coming soon!
We're making it faster and more intuitive to connect you to the books you love. Get acquainted with the new experience before it gets here.
How to find a title to borrowFrom the homepage, there will be several ways for you to find a title to enjoy.
- Select a cover image from any of the lists.
- Click a link from the Menu.
- Search for something you want.
You will be able to quickly tell which titles are available and which ones you can place on hold by the format icon in the top-right corner of a cover image. If a title isn't available, the icon will be greyed out.
How borrowing worksBorrowing and reading titles will be much easier. It will only take a few seconds to find a title and start reading. Accessing any borrowed title from your Bookshelf will only require a few clicks or taps.
- eBooks: Click Borrow then Go to Bookshelf (you may be prompted to sign in) to read the title in your browser or download.
- Additional formats
(your library may offer audiobooks, video, or music):Select the title you want, click (or tap) Borrow, then download it from your Bookshelf.
Note: To download additional formats, you'll need to installOverDrive Media Console or Adobe Digital Editions.
Getting started with OverDrive Read (browser-based eBook reader)OverDrive Read is a new in-browser eBook reader. It will work just like any eBook reading app, except you don't need to activate or install extra software.
What do I need to begin? All you will need is a computer, tablet, or mobile device with a modern web browser. If you'd like to learn more about compatibility, please check out the OverDrive Read website.
For the best user experience, we recommend using Google Chrome for OverDrive Read.
What is a Google Chrome Frame plugin? If you're using Internet Explorer, you may need to install the Google Chrome Frame plugin. It's free software that installs in moments. If you need the Chrome plugin, you will be prompted when you try to open an eBook.
How does OverDrive Read work? Once you've borrowed a title, you will click the Read button next to a supported eBook on your Bookshelf to open it in a new tab or window. For more on how use OverDrive Read, check out our help site for a more detailed guide.
- From your Account page, you will be able to view your Holds, Lists (Wish List, Rated titles, and Recommendations for you), and change your lending period(s) from the Settings page
- You will click the ribbon below a title to add or remove it from your Wish List.
- The Menu bar will be available from any page—just click the icon to expand or collapse it.
- You will be able to drill down search results by subject, rating, language, and more.